Diploma in AROMATHERAPY and Holistic Studies
|Dates:||Friday 11 October 2013|
|Times:||Friday evenings 6.30-10.00 Saturday and Sunday 9.00am to 6.00pm|
|Fee:||€1400.00 - paid in installments 12 months Exam Fee €75|
| Diploma in Aromatherapy and Holistic Studies 2013-2014
||11th*, 12th and 13th October 2013
||10th*, 11th and 12th January 2014
||6th*, 7th, 8th AND 13th*, 14th, 15th June 2014
||14th*, 15th, 16th and 22nd November 2014
||14th December 2014
|Dates marked * are Friday evening only 6.30pm to 10.00pm
Please call Christine Courtney (Principal) to find our more: 01-628 2121 or 087-67 37 851
Testimonials for some past students
“I enjoyed the Diploma in Aromatherapy course so much that I have recommended it to everyone I meet who is interested in studying aromatherapy. The course was enjoyable; there was tremendous fun and an opportunity to make new friends. Christine is a born teacher and organiser. The modules were well planned and everything was clearly and concisely explained. The atmosphere was such that questions were always welcomed. A great experience!” Mary Dunne, Warren-Point, Co. Down
“When I started this course, I believed that I
was just doing an aromatherapy course to learn how to blend essential oils, how
wrong I was! I had no idea just how much
I was going to get out of this course. With Christine’s guidance and unlimited knowledge of the oils, I
discovered that there are other levels to aromatherapy that I never
realised. Thank you Christine” SANDRA BLACKMORE 2009
“This was such an AMAZING course. It has been a life changing experience for me. Christine is so passionate about the subject that I was hooked from day one. The knowledge and information one learns is astounding. It was so much more in depth and interesting than I’d ever imagined and the encouragement and support from staff and students alike made this a course in a million! I look forward to attending many more courses at OBUS, a place, I have come to view as home. Such a safe haven. Thank you Christine” AMANDA DOYLE. Sept 2010Who can attend this course?
You do NOT need any prior knowledge or training to begin this course.
- The history of aromatherapy
- 65 essential oils, their chemistry and therapeutic effects
- The therapeutic use of essential oils for common ailments
- The intensive use of essential oils for acute conditions
- The use of essential oils during pregnancy and childbirth
- The use of essential oils for children, adults and the elderly
- The use of essential oils for people with cancer
- Methods of extraction
- Methods of using essential oils
- Olfaction and its effects on our body and emotions
- Blending and mixing of oils for massage
- Making lotions and oils for home use
- Holistic healing philosophy
- Empowering the client
- Physical/mental/emotional effects of essential oils
- Body analysis and health assessment
- Stress - how it shows in our body and how it effects our life
- Care of the therapist, physically through exercises and emotionally by setting boundaries
- Common ailments
- Professional ethics
- Business - how to promote yourself as a therapist and how to set up and run your practice
Foot Reflex Massage: All students will learn how to give a Foot Reflex Massage.
Foot Reflex Massage Therapy has been written and developed by Christine Courtney, Principal, This is a wonderful treatment to give and receive. It brings together the benefits and knowledge of Aromatherapy, Reflexology and TCM.
The feet are an excellent vehicle for administering essential oils into the meridians and the body.
Pregnancy Massage: All students will learn the theory of aromatherapy for use in pregnancy, labour and childbirth. Massage therapists will learn a pregnancy massage
Baby Massage: All students will learn the theory of aromatherapy for children. Massage therapists will be instructed in the protocol for baby massage.
Anatomy and Physiology
To qualify students need a qualification in Anatomy and Physiology
Students can take this before, during or after the Aromatherapy Diploma.
If you hold a recognised qualification you may be exempt.
To book the the Anatomy and Physiology click here
- The course consists of 4 modules.
- All Modules are held over weekends including Friday evening.
- Between modules students have case studies to be complete and theory questions to answer
- It is advisable that anyone taking the course, and wishing to complete it in 12 months, should allow 2 hours per week to complete their home study requirements.
- The time between each module is planned to give the students sufficient time to complete their homework, and become familiar with all the material taught before proceeding with the next module.
- Students must complete the modules in sequence, e.g. module one, then two..etc.
- You can complete the course in your own time - you can complete the course in one year or take up to 3 years to complete.
Following completion of module four there is a three hour written exam.
If you wish to take our Diploma in Holistic Massage or our Diploma in Reflexology at the same time as our Diploma in Aromatherpay discounts do apply. Phone the office to discuss.
Click here for details of our Diploma in Holistic Massage and here for Diploma in Reflexology
This course can not be booked on line.
1. Please phone office where we can take payment by laser and debit cards.
2. To pay by cheque - please make cheque payable to Obus Limited and send to
53 Beech Grove, Lucan, Co. Dublin.
Please remember to include your full name and contact details